[Zope-CMF] Discussion item reply using plain text rather than structured text

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:48:57 -0600

On Wednesday, October 24, 2001, at 03:25  AM, seb bacon wrote:

> * Jeffrey P Shell <jeffrey@cuemedia.com> [011023 23:15]:
>> Personally, I've long wished for the text handling functionality
>> for Text based content (of any kind) in the CMF to be fully
>> extracted from the Document class itself.  In my view, there would
>> be a StructuredTextHandler, an HtmlHandler, and perhaps a
>> PlainTextHandler.  By abstracting the text handling out of the
>> document class itself, it would allow for different handlers to be
>> written and installed.
>
> Yes, this would be good.  I've also toyed with the idea of having a
> TTW interface for defining simple input and output handlers.  I wonder
> if it would be feasible from a UI perspective?  You'd have to have
> either plain input boxes for inputting the regex, or a more
> complicated graphical regex builder.

I think what you're describing is something probably best done with
a ZClass (if you want to do it through the web) that fits a
TextHandler interface.

I've done different handlers, and they've all ended up requiring
much more than just a regex or two.