[Zope-CMF] Are filesystem Page Templates cached?

Alexander Limi alexander@zope.no
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:41:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm trying out the filesystem-based Page Templates in CMF to build a skin
here, and I'mhaving a problem with getting my site to update whenever I do a change.

When I change a Page
Template and reload a page based on that template, it is not updated. If I
restart Zope betweenthe updates, it shows my changes. Is something being cached here? If so,
can I turn itoff?

And here comes the *really* strange behaviour:
The *very first time* I change a
Page Template, it's actually updated when I reload. On subsequent edits of
that file (even ifI restart Zope before doing them), the changes are *not* shown. So it's
not even a "you get oneupdate every time you start Zope, then it's cached", it's actually "the
first time you touch afile, *ever*, it will be updated, but not after that". Which seems to
suggest to me thatsomething fishy is going on in the filesystem somewhere.

And, to add insult to injury -
this *only* happens with the main Page Template - the one that is the
Template for the wholesite, and I add content and templates into. In my case, the equivalent of
main_template in theZPT skin supplied with CMF.

This is really confusing me. Anyone wants to explain me
what's going on? It's really frustrating to work with this when I have to
restart Zope aftermaking small changes.

On a related note, the first time I try to access the CMF part of my
site that uses the ZPT-based skin, it takes around 10 seconds before Zope
spits out the HTML.Subsequent accesses are fast and responsive. Is there caching going on here?

For the
record: I'm running Zope 2.4.2 with the latest CVS version of the CMF on a
Windows box with NTFSfilesystem.

--
Alexander Limi
(Dracvl on #zope)