PageTemplate Error (was Re: [Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow version 0.4)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 00:17:53 +0200 (CEST)

Bill Anderson writes:
 > Crap. I can't seem to get PT to work. :(
 >
 > I've tried the releases, I've tried the CVS verson. Nada. Here is what I
 > get:
 > line 96, in initialize
 > AttributeError: 'Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate' module has no
 > attribute 'initialize'
I use Zope2.4 (CVS) with PageTemplates 1.4. without problems.

PageTemplate's 1.4 ZopePageTemplate has an "initialize" function....

Is there some earlier error log in your logfile.
Maybe, "ZopePageTemplate" is only loaded partially
due to an earlier error.

Maybe, it's a Python 2.1 issue. I have seen similar
behaviour with Python 2.1 and 4Suite XML tools:

  Python2.1 reports an "AttributeError".
  I use "pdb.pm()" for a post mortem analysis
  and can see, the attribute is there.

I will upgrade soon to Python2.1.1. Maybe, some problems
will disappear then...

Dieter