[Zope-CMF] CMFOptions - Blark Problems et al

Traveling Uncle Nat nat@harari.org
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 14:14:25 -0400

Hi yet again. :)

TONS of questions.

I posted this on NetKook as well, but seeing as it is the weekend, I'm going
to post it here just in case somebody else might be reading it while Netkook
seems to be in "weekend mode". :)

-----------------------------

I just installed blark on my test zope site on my own machine (wow...is that
cool or what? What an amazing product, lemme tell you) and I have a slight
problem.

I'm running Zope 2.4.0 and CMF 1.1 with the latest CMFOptions installed -
1.1. I'm on Win2000. Now, when I post a new article, it works fine. But when
I try to reply to it (to test it), I get this (the preview works fine, the
post button, however, results in this error):

Zope Error Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.

Error Type: NameError Error Value: name CookedBody is not defined

----

Troubleshooting Suggestions

This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or variable
name CookedBody is not defined. The URL may be incorrect. The parameters
passed to this resource may be incorrect. A resource that this resource
relies on may be encountering an error. For more detailed information about
the error, please refer to the HTML source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your
patience.

-------

Another problem: :)

I created a test user account to see what it looks like when I log in as
somebody else apart from the admin login. I can see all published articles,
and that's great. But when I try to reply as just a regular user, it says
(after I hit the reply button):

Error: Access denied to unpublished content

Yet I have my options checked on in the options screen as the admin so that
users can reply, and my documents object in the portal_types in CMF/Zope is
set as reply. In fact, all the objects in portal_types are actually set as
reply (I made sure and double-checked).

Am I missing something here too?

And a few more things:

1) I know it says so in the FAQ, but I couldn't understand it: How to set
the Blark page as your home page in the CMF/Blark options. It says to set
something like #home or the like, but I don't know where or how to find
this. Any tips?

2) The icons at the top that I can put for various sections. Well, I created
a few icons and will try placing them, but what happens after that? How do I
create the various sections so that when you click on the category icon, it
goes to that category? Is it a folder or some sort of options through the
blark management screen?

3) Any word yet on swishdot? :) I'm dying to know. I checked out swisdot.org
and saw that they have a CVF alpha version on soureceforge. I know I can
download and try it out but...being the non-coder type and dreadfully immune
to any comprehension of coding, I find myself wondering:
	a) is CVF the old version of CMF?
	b) should I bother trying it? Any clues? Tips? Suggestions? I mean, other
than to go dunk my head in a bucket of water for a thousand years...I really
am trying to learn. :) I really *really* just want a blark/swishdot type of
site up real fast so that I can put up articles and the like, and do some
other quick things with it.

4) I'm reading the WebDAV docs on zope.org. I know this probably isn't the
place for it but...is it as simple as it sounds? I just connect to it with
dreamweaver and edit the page live? Or do I have to download some templates
first? It's a little lacking in info for some of us who don't speak
DTML...:) Any tips here would be greatly appreciated. Even pointing me to a
more thorough easy to use FAQ would be welcomed as I could learn it myself.
I *am* reading docs and FAQs and tutorials. I just find it a little hard to
understand most of the time.

5) Last question: I've got a Domain I bought (another one, currently parked
on my brother's server) and he's got Zope running for me. I'm going to set
up CMF and Blark, or swishdot, when I am ready. My question: How do I
resolve the DNS to what basically will also be
http://localhost:8080/Nerra/Blark1 ? That's something I completely didn't
understand in the Zope tutorial (and I printed it out and have it in a
sacred holy folder by my side with the CMF tutorial that somebody posted on
here the other day - it is currently my bible. But like all holy books,
deserves a lot of study to decipher a few lines here and there, O great
ones. :) ). Anyone have any ideas about this? I mean setting it to port 80,
of course, and pointing it to the right directory in Zope itself, and the
right folder and the right object (being the blark page, of course).

Tons of questions, and of course I might have some more. I love zope. I see
it's potential for giving me something I could never do by myself....but
damned if it isn't like, at times, the most complicated thing I've ever had
to try to figure out. :) Maybe I'm just a visual person or something...:/

Thank you guys for helping me out in the past. Every time you do, I
definitely learn more and more and can do more on my own. :)

Nat@harari.org