[Zope-CMF] REQ: Make detecting Folder-like objects explicit.

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:00:29 +0100

> So, as Jens pointed out to me yesterday afternoon, there is no
> way to "turn off" the 'folder_contents' link using the stock
> ActionsTool.
>
> Tres.

Dunno if this has changed in CVS, but in 1.1 there's also no way to use the
ActionsTool/TypesTool to point folder_contents at different methods for
different Types of folder?

This would be handy, for example, if I create a Type "newsfolder" from
Portal/Skinned Folder, which can only contain news-items - I could create a
"newsfolder_contents" where the "New" button auto-generates a new item
without going through all the usual screens.

Cheers, Jon