[Zope-CMF] Security on Skins

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:06:12 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:

<snip>

cool...

Hmmm, here's a variation on that which I'd love to make fly:

How about a seperate .security file containing XML that defined role to
permission mapping for the object of the name name but with a differing
extension?

For example:

<permission name="View" acquired="no">
 <role>Manager</role>
 <role>Anonymous</role>
</permission>

The problem is that these 'security' files would need to be processed _after_
their associated object has been created.

Amusingly, this will probably happen naturally given that .security will be
listed after .dtml, .css, and .pt (but sadly not after .zsql, where I need it
:-S)

So, can anyone think of a way to do this without patching DirectoryView.py?

cheers,

Chris