[Zope-CMF] Simple?!? Authorization Problem

Marc Fischer marcbpc@gmx.de
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:27:29 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your note.
I just have installed appache in front of zope an use proxypass in order to
get apache behave like a proxy.

look at: http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver

It really works fine. There are just two problems. First of all, ... how
could I prevent that people don't use the "apache-way" to get into the intranet,
if they go directly to the zope server. (But I think, thats possible If I
restrict the access to zope only from the localhost, isn't it?)

The second and in my opinion the bigger problem is, if I protect the apache
proxy path with a password I get access to Zope. Thats ok, but If I try to
call the .../manage method to manage the zopeserver through apache I get
another password check. (This time from zope). If I insert my zope admin password,
I am not longer authorized to access the apache proxy. ... and so on :-(

Hopefully you understand my question, If not, I will send you a Mail in
german :-)

http://www.gmx.net