[Zope-CMF] Incompatibities between CMF and ZMC

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:05:15 -0700

Some time ago I installed CMF version 1.0 in a Zope 2.3.2 system that was
already using ZMC version 0.7.8. I was both pleased and amazed to find that
CMF automatically and correctly authenticated thru the ZMC. I really don't
understand how it works, but I'm happy it does.

However, I'm finding that there are a few incompatibilites. When joining
(and perhaps also when changing passwords, I'm not sure), CMF doesn't seem
to properly inherit methods from ZMC and so tries to do things its own way.
For example, a new user that joins with the CMF interface does not receive
his password by email, whereas, if he joins with the ZMC interface, he
correctly receives his password by email.

Are these incompatibilies what Bill Anderson was refering to when he said
ZMC didn't work with Zope 2.3.2?

Can anyone till me where to look to fix these incompatibilities?

Is upgrading to later versions of the products the only known fix? What is
the best combination of versions of Zope, ZMC, and CMF to upgrade to at this
time?

-- Thanks
-- Loren