[Zope-CMF] CMS vs. Zope

Dethe Elza delza@alliances.org
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:30:40 -0700

Hi folks,

I've been using Python for a couple of years now, and Zope for about six
months.  I've written a fairly complex Product, which I'm now porting to
use ZPT instead of DTML.

My main interest in Zope is its potential as a content management
framework, so I've been trying like hell to grok the CMF.
Unfortunately, in the evolution from PTK to CMF and beyond, and in all
the mailing list archives and wikis I've waded through, I have yet to
find a clear statement of what the CMF offers over and beyond Zope.  I
need some kind of a "Start Here" document, preferably with the following
info:

* What does the CMF offer that vanilla Zope (or Zope + X Products) does not?

* What does it take to convert a Zope product to the CMF?

* How to get started using the CMF.

Extra credit:

* Where does ZPatterns fit into Zope/CMS?

Any help with this is appreciated.  If I'm just an idiot and the
documentation is staring me in the face, feel free to tell me.

Thanks!

--Dethe
--

Dethe Elza (delza@burningtiger.com)