[Zope-CMF] keeping a customized CMF in sync with CVS-CMF

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:46:50 +0100

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 07:48:51 -0400, Jens Vagelpohl <jens@zope.com>
wrote:

>well, at the moment the only way to do that is to manually add those=20
>changes to your customized version...
>
>to find out what the changes are you can always go to cvs.zope.org and=20
>have a diff generated between the version your custom file is based on =
and=20
>the latest.

If you are maintaining many changes then I can strongly recommend
keeping using the 'vendor branch' feature of CVS.

You add the original copy of the CMF source to your local CVS using a
'cvs import' command. Then make your changes, and commit it as usual.
When you later want to upgrade to a newer CMF you use another 'cvs
import' command, and CVS will automatically merge your changes into
the newer version.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com