[Zope-CMF] need advice, zdiscussions, blark, squish, swish, cmf

Tom Hoffman hoffman@as220.org
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 02:08:02 -0400

On Friday 28 September 2001 01:21 pm, you wrote:

> I'd like recommendations on which way to go, and why. I really don't want a
> weblog, exactly. More like newsgroup forums. Being able to get email
> notification of updates to the forum, even cross linking to newsgroups
> would be great.

I can reply as someone who is in almost exactly the same situation, who feels
like he has found the answer, but, strictly speaking, hasn't implemented it
yet.

Go to www.zopezen.org and see if that is what you had in mind.  Zopista just
used the CMF news objects, touched up the presentation and moved the items
from a little box into the main part of the screen.  It is by far the best UI
I've seen in a CMF site (although I've seen painfully few...)  .Seems to do
everything I'd want in a clean and elegant way.  Once he's done moving I'd
love to get more details out of him on inserting the icons, etc as he did.

--Tom