[Zope-CMF] Temporarily Unavailable

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 08:46:16 -0500

Peter wrote:
> FreeBSD 4.5
> Zope 2.5.0
> CMF 1.2
> ZPT 1.4.1
> Plone 0.9.9 R6
>
> Plone installation
> Having successfully defined the External install_plone
> i proceed to run "Test" and I get the "Temporarily
> Unavailable (116) unable to connect, fd=3" error.
>
> The pcgi.log reports it:
> pcgi-wrapper: Undefined error: 0  (116) unable to
> connect, fd=3

'fd=3' smells like some server is trying to write to standard
error, but can't because it has already detached from its
controlling TTY;  Matt Behrens (I think) recently added patches
to ensure that standard input/output/error were properly closed
(and maybe redirected to /dev/null?)

Generally, code which tries to write to standard output / error
should be changed to use zLOG.

> I've seen the problem reported on other mailing lists
> but i don't really understand the solution.

All the above assumes that the issue has nothing to do with
PCGI, which I know zip about.