[Zope-CMF] Missing Member Emails breaking Login

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:17:04 +0200

HoYin Au writes:
 > My site hierachy is setup to look somethinglike this:
 >
 > Zope-Root/
 >   +acl_members
 >   +cmf_site1
 >   +cmf_site2
 >   +cmf_site3
 >
 > The CMF sites are all "closed" sites - i.e. the public can not register
 > a new account on any of those sites.  All three sites run off the root
 > acl_members user folder.
 >
 > The new users that were added after we upgraded to CMF-HEAD (from CVS)
 > now can not log into the site.  They get the error attached to the end
 > of this message instead.
 >
 > My question is, how do I go about filling their email addresses?  They
 > can't update the field themselves, since the site's practically locked
 > them out...
 >
 > Zope Error
 > Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
 >
 > Error Type: TALESError
 > Error Value: Bad Request on You must enter a valid email address. in '',
 > at line 58, column 5
 > "member.setProperties(last_login_time=member.login_time)",
 > line 2, in f
 >   File /usr/www/heavenga/zopedocs/Products/CMFCore/MemberDataTool.py,
 > line 241, in setProperties
 > TALESError: (see above)
Apparently, the "MemberDataTool" now checks for a valid email address
(in line 241 of "CMFCore/MemberDataTool.py").

It should not do that because whether or not an email address is necessary
is a policy issue that should not be enforced in "CMFCore".
I see this as a bug.

Please file a bug report at <http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker>.

In the meantime, you can change the source and remove the check again.

Dieter