[Zope-CMF] Plone in Netscape 4

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:32:08 -0600

> I am evaluating the Plone skin (having already settled on Zope+CMF) for
> a web site I am building. I like it, I've finally (after three weeks)
> started to get my head round how all the different pieces fit together.
> I've just tried it in Netscape 4.77 on linux, however, and the lines at
> the start of the page headed

yes, it *use* to be functional.  and it will live again.

> <!-- Basic crude style for Netscape4.x and other CSS1 browsers -
>          can be removed if you don't want to support those browsers
>          specifically. Site will still be viewable, but look a bit
>          stripped :) -->
>
> don't appear to work: the site is completely broken. Even stranger, if I
> log in to the site through Mozilla, change the skin to CMF Basic, and
> then refresh (or shut down, restart, log in again) in Netscape, I still
> get a bad rendering of the Plone skin. Any ideas?

its some netscape bug.  there must be a tag that is making it upset.  Alex
said he will fix this ASAP.
The problem is, I dont QA on Netscape.

> I don't think I need perfect support of netscape 4, and it'll never be
> pretty, but it really needs to be functional.

it *will be* functional for 0.9.9 final release.  and it most certainly will
be functional for 1.0

~runyaga