[Zope-CMF] Problems upgrading to CMF 1.3 beta on 2.4.3

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Sun, 07 Apr 2002 18:51:43 -0400

Heimo Laukkanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a personal box running 2.4.3 of Zope and CMF 1.2. When I tried to
> upgrade - somehow all the CMF products seemed to stop working, and I was
> unable to use the CMF.
>
> I just installed a also binary version 2.5-0-zope and everything seems
> to work with that.
>
> I got followinf tracebacks from CMFWiki and CMFCalendar. I checked the
> Products-folder that everything was owned by zope-user and user rigths
> seemed ok. Just do not get it.

Hmmm, you've discovered an undocumented dependency on PageTemplates
(actually, on the TAL package):  the new "through-the-web" tool
actions use TALES expressions.  When you upgraded to Zope 2.5, that
package became available, and your problem went away.

Thanks for pointing out this problem!  So that we don't forget it,
please enter a tracker issue pointing this out (URL in the list
info footer).  We will address by updating the "prerequisites" in
the installation docs.