[Zope-CMF] DBMS back-end for CMF?

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:08:58 -0600

On 4/17/02 4:45 PM, "Tres Seaver" <tseaver@zope.com> wrote:

> Yes.  The CMF's "tools" are intended to be replaceable;  in your case,
> you want to replace the 'portal_memberdata' tool with one which reads
> and writes member properties via SQL.  The interface for the tool is
> defined in:
>
> http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/interfaces/portal_memberdata.py

That seems woefully small, compared to all of the code that's in the default
Memberdata tool.  I remember trying to monkey around with doing custom
memberdata a couple of months back, and getting scared off.  I had a
situation where contacts could be turned into members, and I was trying to
keep the existing contact data (an object in the ZODB) as the memberdata.
The default tool was complex enough and the interface small enough that I
had a hard time figuring out what the real interdependencies were, and had
to give up to deal with other pressing concerns.

So, are the Memberdata interface requirements really as simple as
interfaces/portal_memberdata.py r1.4, or does this interface have to be
updated?

--
Jeffrey P Shell
www.cuemedia.com