[Zope-CMF] Custom member attributes

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:41:30 -0500

> I'm working with the Plone skin, and am trying to customize the member
> roster.  Specifically, I've added a property (via the MemberData tool)
> called 'Alias', and I'd like it to show up beneath the member icons in the
> roster.  I can't figure out just how to retrieve the property while the
page
> template is constructing the roster.

Christopher,

first look at getRoster() in CMFDefault.MembershipTool

second create a python script called getMembers in portal_skins/custom with
something like::
roster=[]
for member in context.portal_membership.listMembers():
    roster.append( { 'id':member.getUserName()
                            , 'email':member.email
                            , 'property': member.property })
return roster

and make this script proxy (Proxy Tab in Managemetn screen) as Manager, then
call getMembers instead of portal_membership.getRoster()

~runyaga