[Zope-CMF] Renaming a CMF site

Duncan Booth duncan@rcp.co.uk
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:58:26 +0100

On 18 Apr 2002, "Gitte Wange" <gitte@mmmanager.org> wrote:
> The Creator() method looks into the acl_users folder of the portal to
> find the user object of the user who created the object. If not found,
> it says that Anonymous User has created the object.
> I discovered that last week when renaming a portal object from 'dev'
> to 'www'.
> When I looked at an object's Owership-tab in the ZMI I could see that
> the ownership was set to e.g. dev/acl_users when I wanted it to be
> www/acl_users
Thanks, that makes sense.

> So I had to manually change all the ownerships ... (by making my users
> go to http://myportal/Members/username/manage and change the ownership
> from the tab) ...

I went for plan B: changing the proxypass definitions in Apache so the live
site now points at the CMF.

BTW, the site is the Thames Valley Orienteering Club
(http://www.tvoc.org.uk) which has been running on Zope for ages (and it
used Bobo before that!) but has now entered the age of CMF...
It should be interesting seeing how a bunch of mostly non-computer people
get on with CMF and Wiki...

--
Duncan Booth                                             duncan@rcp.co.uk