[Zope-CMF] Acquired permissions: folder_contents

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:29:46 -0500

Hi Mirna:

>In plone site I don't want that members see the folder_contents:

you mean you do not want people to access folder_contents tab?  if this is
the case look at portal_templates/portal_tabs.pt then look at main_tempalte
in the same folder.  there is a single point that *all* tabs for
contents/folders are shown.  its a macro.  basically change the macro to not
show folder_contents.

>plonesite/Members/folder_contents, for this reason, in this level of
>security I removed the permission "List Folder contents" but to each one
>members like owners of him folder I gave them it.

I would not do this.

>Now every time that create an account, I have to configure a long
>permissions list. (And I expected +500  companies! it would be too tired!
>Could I automate this  so that when I add a member  are configured already
>their permissions?

I would change the templates and have a skin that basically had the modified
tabs/main_template and give people that skin.

>Neither  I don't want when a member search for to another, show him his
>folder_contents in the navigation box because to click it show the tabs
>edit, publish, metadata, etc. of the that member. How I can avoid to
appear?
>I gave that permission to Authenticate member at workflow, but the members
>not Authenticate can access still.

I can quite decypher what you are trying to tell me ;(.
if you do not want to show him folder_contents in the navigation box then
edit plone_ui_slots/navigation_slot.pt and take out that call.  or in the
support python scripts.

~runyaga