[Zope-CMF] Point of publication

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:42:57 +0200

Kevin Carlson writes:
 > It appears that DCWorkflow calls "doActionFor" which in turn calls
 > "_changeStateOf" (both in DCWorkflow.py).  The interesting thing is that the
 > code for _changeStateOf catches the ObjectMoved exception but doesn't pass
 > the return value along to doActionFor.  In other words, I think my return
 > value is getting completely lost.  Could this be a bug?
I do not think, that this is the problem:

  When you use the code in your previous message (which I expect),
  then you return "None". No problem to loose it.

  The "_redirect" is not there for its return value but for
  its side effect: it modifies the RESPONSE object to go to
  the new object.

  I expect, that some other agent, maybe the script that calls
  "doActionFor", makes an additional redirect overriding
  ours.

Find and eliminate the culprit...

Dieter