[Zope-CMF] Upgrading to CMF 1.2 error

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:39:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> J.C.Mcnulty@open.ac.uk writes:
>  > I was wondering if someone could help me. I am running Zope 2.5.1b2 with CMF
>  > 1.1 (python 2.1). I want to upgrade to CMF 1.2 but when I do and try to
>  > publish an item I get the following error:
>  >
>  > Error Type: TypeError
>  > Error Value: hasReplies() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given).
> Apparently, someone gave "hasReplies" a (silly) second parameter.
>
> The parameter is not used in the body and it makes "hasReplies" inconsistent
> to "listReplies". Thus, it is really silly...
>
> Either fix "hasReplies" or give it a second argument...

Here is the definition of DiscussionItemContainer.hasReplies::

    def hasReplies( self, content_obj ):
        """
            Test to see if there are any dicussion items
        """
        outer = self._getDiscussable( outer=1 )
        if content_obj == outer:
            return not not len( self._container )
        else:
            return not not len( content_obj.talkback._getReplyResults() )

Note that DIC is the class of the 'talkback' object;  it needs
the second paramter to know whether you are asking for a particular
item or for the "top-level" content object.

Zope Corporation      "Zope Dealers"       http://www.zope.org