[Zope-CMF] Question on Default Skins

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:09:08 -0700

Gary,

Today I took a look at both products, and I'm basically no
comfortable using them because of the dependency upon
OrderedFolder. In fact there are three levels of dependency....

1. Ordered Folder
2. Virtual Host Folder
3. CMF Virtual Host Tool

My preference is to leverage the basic set of tools provided by
Zope and CMF, and not create additional dependencies that I need to
keep track of from installation to installation. Personal bias for
certain, but I've found support is easier for me that way.

So far I've tested the cookies method (fine, but requires a
re-direct the first time to ensure the cookie is used), and Alan's
cookbook method on zope labs (Have not been able to get that one to
work yet.)

   http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1016693454

I also found a method in CMFCore.Skinnable within the
SkinnableObjectManager class - setupCurrentSkin - but I have not
been able to get that working yet.

So.. still looking for a reliable non-cookie way to change the skin
for a single CMF Site instance based on an access rule. If anyone
has something that works for them.. please pass it along.

~C