[Zope-CMF] Doing searches in CMF-site with Opera

David (Hamish) Harvey david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 14:09:35 +0100

--On Friday, August 02, 2002 16:14:15 +0300 Heimo Laukkanen
<huima@fountainpark.org> wrote:

> just noticed strange behaviour with Opera while doing search to my CMF
> site. Let's think about situation when there is more items found than the
> limit in the bach, then the next batch link comes to the bottom of the
> page.

Well, now there's an interesting thing. I'd noticed that the "next items"
link took me back to the front page in opera, but I hadn't thought to test
it in another browser - I assumed I'd broken the page template somehow, and
had it on my (long and growing) todo list of things to look into. You're
right though - it's opera specific.

It looks like an opera bug. A relative link starting with a # or a ? should
be relative to the current *page* not the current *directory*. Opera
handles # but not ?.

I've submitted a bug report on Opera.

Cheers,
Hamish