[Zope-CMF] Re: Zope-CMF digest, Vol 1 #1250 - 8 msgs

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:50:47 -0700

On Saturday, August 3, 2002, at 09:00  AM, zope-cmf-
request@zope.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> To: zope-cmf@zope.org
> From: Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Advanced search broken on cmf.zope.org and
> in CMF 1.3b2, worked in  1.3b1 - Problem in doFormSearch
> Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 04:07:13 +0000 (UTC)
>
> Heimo Laukkanen  <huima@fountainpark.org> wrote:
>> I noticed that advanced search does not work anymore, neither in
>> CMF 1.3
>> b2 or cmf.zope.org. If I do serach from the top of the screen for word
>> External, I get results like expected.
>>
>> However if I go to search_form and put External to fulltext
>> field, I get
>> 0 results.
>>
>> I did a small test and copied search_form from another site that used
>> beta 1 - and it worked. Looking to CVS what had been done, I noticed
>> that objects Type is nowdays portal_type.
>>
>> The change was not made to doFormSearch PythonScript - which now
>> caused
>> problems. When made the fix Type -> portal_type, advanced search works
>> again.
>
> Thanks for reporting this, it is now fixed.
>
> http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFDefault/skins/generic/doFormSearch.py.diff?r1=
> 1.2&r2=1.3

I'm also having a problem with the search form, but this fix only
solved one of the problems. The other I'm having is based on
creation date. For some reason when I include the 'created'
key/value pair in the request.. I get 0 items back.

I've played with updating the calendar, changing date formats, and
what have you, but have been unable to find a clue to the error.
I'll be digging deeper, but thought I'd send the note out since 1.3
is supposed to go out soon.

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z