[Zope-CMF] Scriptable Type - Meta Type question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:19:34 +0200

Florent Guillaume writes:
 > I've change a bit and reordered the labels in the Types Tool to try to
 > make that clear, as it's a FAQ.
 >
 > Title
 > Description
 > Icon
 > Product meta type
Not sure, I am happy with the above: a "Product" does not have a "meta type",
it the "meta type" of the underlaying content class.
 > Product name
 > Product factory method
And it's not the "Product" factory method but the factory for the
underlaying content class.
 > Initial view name
Good!

Maybe, we can explain it somehow like this:

     A CMF content object is associated with a "type", managed by the
     TypesTool.

     A type is based on a content class (which is either a class
     defined in a Python product or a ZClass (which again lives in
     a product) and has additional information maintained by the TypesTool,
     such as actions, dicussability, etc.

Then part of the above will become:

    Content class meta type
    Product name
    Content class constructor (inside "Product")

Dieter