[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.3 released

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:26:01 +0000 (UTC)

Luca Olivetti  <luca@wetron.es> wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> >     - PortalFolders can now be workflowed and discussed (neither
> >       is enabled by default).
>
> Isn't workflow information maintained in the catalog? (and isn't that why PortalFolder
> now inherits from CMFCatalogAware?)
> So how's that?

Workflow information is maintained in an opaque attribute of the object
by the WorkflowTool. The catalog is simply a convenience for searches of
the variables you specified must be put in the catalog.

So a PortalFolder can be workflowed.

>      # Ensure pure PortalFolders don't get cataloged.
>      # XXX We may want to revisit this.
>
>      def indexObject(self):
>          pass
>
>      def unindexObject(self):
>          pass
>
>      def reindexObject(self, idxs=[]):
>          pass

This is deliberate, otherwise a lot of folders appear in the catalog,
which many applications don't expect.

> This will surely affect classes deriving from PortalFolder *and* PortalContent (like,
> eg, PortalContentFolder which I used as an example to implement my own classes).
> Two more methods to remember to override.

The fast and correct way to do a workflowed and catalogged folder is now
to derive from SkinnedFolder (or inherit the same classes as it does,
namely CMFCatalogAware first).

PortalContentFolder for 1.3 is now basically empty. I'll release it (for
backwards compat for those who need it) when I get back from vacation
next week.

Florent