[Zope-CMF] Squishdot inside CMF

Zopista zopista@zopezen.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:25:20 -0700

> Yes I did. I do have tried your skin and I find it the way to go, except
for
> this fear about the performance and remaining bugs in the CMF. I'm
expecting
> large threads every now and then, and I'm having doubts of the performance
> of the thread rendering (based on dtml-tree), under these conditions.

True, Ive never had more than about 20 comments, but I've never seen any
performance problems then. Discussions in CMF suck pretty badly, thats why
there are CMF Forum and CMF Discussion ideas floating around.

> On the other hand Squishdot has builtin tools for moderation. I know that
> most of the methods for doing this witihn the CMF are already there, but
for
> the time being A+B drives me to ask for the original question: How to
enable
> a Squishdot site within the CMF?

The two are totally different and it depends upon the integration you want.
You won't be able to do it without major code modification. You would have
less difficulty improving CMF discussion IHMO.
--
  Andy McKay
  @gmweb Consulting