[Zope-CMF] How to be a "Manager" but have restricted access...

mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:27:47 -0300

Hi Adrian,

I had already tried the first thing but without results.

Then I tried adding the user as normal in the root folder and then add
"manager " local role in the assigned area (as you suggested me) but that
User can not enter the ZMI. It gives an error and says it is not
authorized, so it seems that only the "Managers" created in the root folder
can access the ZMI, but this means that they can access everywhere ! Have
you got any other suggestion?

Does anybody has this problem too? I need help!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot
Mariela

                    "Adrian
                    Hungate"             To:     <mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar>
                    <adrian@haqa.        cc:
                    co.uk>               Subject:     Re: [Zope-CMF] How to be a "Manager"
                                         but have restricted access...
                    08/08/2002
                    14:45

Have you given the users "Manager" role in the Plone site acl_users ? If
not, they are not local managers.

Another method that has worked well for me, is to add the user as an normal
user to the root acl_users, and then add the "Manager" role using local
roles in the areas that the user is responsible for.

Local roles is found as a link from the security tab.

Adrian...

--
Adrian Hungate
EMail: adrian@haqa.co.uk