[Zope-CMF] CMF Collector: fail to create

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 14:25:51 -0300

On Sábado 10 Agosto 2002 14:03, J C Lawrence wrote:
| Zope 2.5.1, CVS CMF, adding a CMF Collector from the ZMI:
|
| Traceback (innermost last):
|   File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 150, in
| publish_module File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
| 114, in publish File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 159,
| in zpublisher_exception_hook File
| /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 98, in publish File
| /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 83, in mapply (Object:
| addCollector)
|   File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 44, in
| missing_name File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line
| 514, in badRequestError BadRequest: (see above)
|
| Note: I never get the page to assign the ID.

You shouldnt try to add CMF types via the ZMI, AFAIK. If you want to create a
collector inside your CMF site you need to do 3 things:

1. Create an External Method and run it:
  id: install_collector
  module: CMFCollector.Install
  function: install

2. Import the file 'collector_issue_workflow.zexp' into your portal_workflow
object.

3. Register 'collector_issue_workflow' as the workflow for the type 'Collector
Issue Workflow' on the portal_workflow tool.

Question for the CMF Masters:

   - Would anyone mind if I create the 'collector_issue_workflow' Workflow
from this zexp file into a python class to remove this extra step from the
collector installation?

[]'s

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

Beeping is cute, if you are in the office ;)
	-- Alan Cox