[Zope-CMF] Changing the 'id' of a CMF Portal

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:08:48 -0500

> Is it possible to change the id of a CMF Portal?

probably not... back up your Data.fs before you continue ;)

> I have a CMF Portal that Bad Things have happened to (I've installed
> products that have done bad things to objects that I don't know how to
> reverse).  As the URL is published I'd like to rename the old one,
> create a new one, and then move unsullied objects over to the new
> instance.

ACK! what Products?

the best way it appears to migrate portal content is:
* export the folders inside the CMF site that have yoru content (i.e.
Members)
* rename your old portal
* create a new portal w/ old portals id
* import your folders from old portal