[Zope-CMF] just wasted an hour... more EXAMPLES

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:31:30 +0100

 > anyone have a
> problem with me creating
> a folder called examples and have a example of each different type of
> FSObject ?

Personally, I'd prefer not to create *another* folder without further
discussion about how we want to take documentation forward generally.

In the mean time, there are 3 places where documentation can currently live:

  - unit tests
  - docstrings
  - Zope Help files

I would say the best place to put examples is in unit tests.  There
should be a unit test for ZSQLMethods anyway.  That way, you get to test
it works at the same time as documenting it.

More generally, perhaps some simple example code should get included in
class docstrings from now on?  It would be nice if we could get a useful
set of documentation out of the CMF using pydoc.

seb