[Zope-CMF] Question on Default Skins

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:35:00 -0700

On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at 09:26  AM, alan runyan wrote:

>> 1. I saw the receipe using 'setupCurrentSkin' last week and couldn't
>>    get it working (http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1028172355).
>
> not sure about this

There is now an issue in the cmf collector that addresses this:

http://collector.zope.org/CMF/27

>> 2. The previously posted receipe manipulating '_v_skindata'
>> didn't work
>>    either (http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1016693454).
>
> DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! DANGER!!
>
> touching _v_skindata is naughty and should not be done.
>
> http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/?only_with_tag=SkinApplyToSkinnable-branch
> look at Skinnable.py and SkinsContainer.py
>
> you can now change this in a access rule by changeSkin() method on the
> portal object
>
> shane is reviewing the changes for inclusion into HEAD.

Once the issue is resolved (use changeSkin() or use
setupCurrentSkin(), I'll make corrections to the recipe.

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z