[Zope-CMF] Be more Explicit about Problems/Exceptions was Erratci behaviour

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:42:54 -0500

Ok.

Recently people have been getting a very bizarre exception that everyone
needs to be aware of.
Not only do they need to be aware of it but they need to give feedback on
how often it is happening,
their configuration and if they can reproduce it.  The error has been filed
here, http://collector.zope.org/CMF/37

It appears that Python Scripts will lose the context binding while being
executed.  since context is
how you do anything inside a Python Script -- it will make everything blow
up.  If this happens to
you the last lines will have something like:

File Script (Python), line 4, in breadcrumbs
    (Object: oscom.html)
TALESError: exceptions.NameError on global name 'context' is not defined in
'&lt;PythonExpr here.breadcrumbs(here)&gt;', at line 152, column 9

I can reproduce this using Plone.  And I believe other people who are not
using Plone are seeing this.  We need to find out
what circumstances it occurs under and provide more info so that it can be
fixed.  If it happens you most probably will have to
refresh your Product or restart the ZOPE to get it working again.

What version of ZOPE are you running?  What version of CMF are you running?
What CMF Products do you have installed?
Do you see any pattern in whats causing this?  Is the Python Script inside
Filesystem Directory View?  if so does it have the
context parameter defined?

cheers,
~runyaga
p.s. its very important that we work together to squash this unruley bug.