[Zope-CMF] Howto use CMFStaging?

Volker Bachschneider V.Bachschneider@t-online.de
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:11:05 +0200

> What I want to achieve is to allow the content author to edit the
> published document, but with some form of version control/locking
> which means when the published document is edited, a new version is
> created which is automatically retracted, leaving the previous version
> still published and accessible.
>
> Once the new unpublished version is approved, it becomes the new
> published visible incarnation of the document.
This is a very common problem and we had some discussion about at DZUG
(German Zope User Group).
If CMFStaging can solve it, I would be highly interested to get any sort of
Documentation. Iīve installed ZopeVersionControl but  no idea how to compose
it together with CMFStaging and CMF.

Also it would be nice to have BackTalk available in CMF. DZUG works out many
Translations (E.g. ZopeBook, all Docīs coming with CMF ...) but Wikis
doesnīt fit this size. Some trial to integrate BackTalk, but it all failed
:(

 Volker Bachschneider