[Zope-CMF] Directory mapping under CMF

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:38:22 -0700

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:54:34 +0200
Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
> J C Lawrence writes:

>> Is there a CMF product which can represent arbitrary file system
>> directory hierarchies without manually priming every file in the
>> directory hierarchy?

> Shane already told you about LocalFS.

I've been poking into LocalFS ever since Shane mentioned it (Thanks
Shane!), but have yet to figure out why I keep getting authentication
errors under it.  There are no ownerships assigned to a LocalFS, the
directory is 0777, and I've tagged every damn security option I can
think of that might apply...yet every time I attempt to enter the folder
as an authenticated CMF user it wants to re-authenticate and then fails
on all attempts.

Next after that is how to get a LocalFS folder to appear under a
FolderContents view of a Member's folder (Plone).

> You may also look at "Filesystem Directory View".

Aye, that's where I started.  My problem there is the constraints on
what directories may be viewed (rooted at Products).

The purpose of this exercise is to expose a folder in each member's
directory which maps to a directory under their matching shell account,
allowing them to simply drop files in their NFS mounted $HOME
directories to have them appear under Plone/CMF.  Filesystem Directory
View seems unsuited to that unless I'm missing something.

> Both may not know all your file types.

That I can live with, tho extending the MIME types table is not a large
chore.

> You probably need to extend them.

<nod>

--