[Zope-CMF] WebDAV files become "File", not "Portal File"

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:32:09 -0400

I've added a content-type-registry to a folder, hoping to change all
WebDAV/FTP uploaded objects to "PortalFile" (rather than letting them
become Document, etc.)

I may a regex against ID: .* -> File

However, this makes the uploaded files become a "File", not a "Portal
File" -- so they don't show up in listings, don't have metadata, etc.

How can I make these become PortalFile? The only solution now seems to
be to delete my content-type-registry.

Also, on a related note: when items are uploaded through WebDAV, they
get the id from the webdav-uploaded file name ("zope.doc" on the
filesystem becomes "zope.doc" as the id), however, they are not given a
title, which is what the out-of-the-box skins and my skins expect to
show. What's the best way to set the title to be equal to the incoming
file name?

Thanks for the help.

- J.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant