[Zope-CMF] Re: concerns regarding plone

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:27:19 -0400

Robert Rottermann wrote:
> I have concerns regarding the way Plone evolves. Some two weeks ago
runyaga
> announced that a Plone 1.0 version will be released within hours after CMF
> 1.3 hits the street.
>
> CMF1.3 is with us for 10 days now. However there is no Plone yet. And I
cant
> help the impression that  it is not even stabilizing towards a release.
> Nearly every day there is a new feature added or an old one changed
> profoundly.

FWIW, I am grateful to have worthwhile API changes happen now, because we'd
be stuck with the alternative for an entire 1.x series. Upgrading deployed
portals later would be painful. A lot of template content and python content
products will be built on Plone 1.0, and that's effort that multiplies with
API shortcomings or misfeatures, so Plone should take as long as it needs to
become fully baked. </$.02>