[Zope-CMF] non-cross-platform folder error

Alan W. Presley awpresley@hbu.edu
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:01:46 -0500

OK, I have a conundrum for all you nice people.

First the specs:
Zope 2.5.1
CMF 1.3 full release
DCWorkflow-0.4.2
Win 2K server with all current critical updates as of last night

Now the scenario:
CMF site made,
User joined,
Member Folder auto-created,
User's role changed from "Member" to "Content_Source"
	(our custom role - similar in permission to the stock Member role),
User goes to "Folder contents"
User creates New / Document,
User, other members and Guests view new doc with no problems.
User creates New / Folder with the ID "new folder".

Now comes the problem:
Viewing the folder we just created...
Viewer, logged on as "User" on a WinPC
	(IE 6.0.26, Netscape 6.2, Opera 6.05, Mozilla 1.1b tested)
	can see folder "new folder".
Viewer, logged on as "User" on a Mac
	(Netscape 4.x and Mozilla 1.1b [IE 6 and Opera 6 not tested - cannot see
local server])
	get's an error stating:
"The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed."
(not tested on Unix/Linux)

Now the Conundrum:
User goes back to "Folder contents",
User Renames selected "new folder",
User changes "new folder" to "newfolder" (removes space),
User goes to view "newfolder",

*** folder viewes properly!  cross platform - cross browser***

To add a rebus to the conundrum, this ONLY effects "Folders" and not
"Documents".
(have not yet tested  Image , File , Link , News Item , Favorite , or
Topic )

So, now the question:
Is there a script (py or other method) that will deny the use of a "space"
(%20) in an ID of any item or put an "underscore" (_) in place of a
"space" (%20)?

Alan

.