[Zope-CMF] Toggle skins - Recipe Updated

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
23 Aug 2002 12:55:18 -0400

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 12:25, Carl Rendell wrote:
> Just an fyi.
>
> Alan has check changes to CMFCore.Skinnable (version 1.7) into CVS,
> and the recipe on ZopeLabs has been changed to reflect the new
> method - changeskin() -
>
> http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1028172355
>
> BTW... Is there going to be a CMF 1.3.1 release? It's been asked
> before, and it would seem that quite a few changes have been going
> into CVS post release. The challenge might be picking a point at
> which to make the release.

I would probably avoid doing a 1.3.1 release at the moment;  the one
bugfix which might warrant a release is not for a "glaring" problem).

*Most* of the changes since the release are on the head;  *some* of the
changes on the CMF-1_3-branch look inappropriate (e.g., there is a bunch
of new features added to CMFEvent), while others (the race-condition fix
for FSObject/FSDTMLMethod) are proper.

The 'changeSkin' change is iffy for the 1.3 branch:  it is a "new
feature", really.  The general rule is that new features go only on the
head, while bugfixes are done first on the current release branch and
then forward-ported to the head.