[Zope-CMF] Toggle skins - Recipe Updated

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
23 Aug 2002 13:22:56 -0400

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 13:20, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Sexta 23 Agosto 2002 13:55, Tres Seaver wrote:
> | I would probably avoid doing a 1.3.1 release at the moment;  the one
> | bugfix which might warrant a release is not for a "glaring" problem).
> |
> | *Most* of the changes since the release are on the head;  *some* of the
> | changes on the CMF-1_3-branch look inappropriate (e.g., there is a bunch
> | of new features added to CMFEvent),
>
> Ops, thats my fault :( Should I revert? I was not sure about how to do it,
> because it seemed like it wouldnt affect anything existing, then I checked it
> into branch too.

I didn't mean to scold;  I *do* think that resisting the temptation to
add stuff on the release branch makes it easier to do a trivial bugfix
release:  people should be able to deploy such a release knowing that it
contains only "important" and "safe" bugfixes.

> | The general rule is that new features go only on the
> | head, while bugfixes are done first on the current release branch and
> | then forward-ported to the head.
>
> /me adding to personal good-cvs-behavior list.

Thanks, that is the perfect outcome.