[Zope-CMF] Best way to have multiple languages on CMF site?

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:43:29 -0500

>  > English is good - but there are times that it would be better to have
>  > multiple languages running in user CMF userinterface. Since this is not
>  > a feature of Zope or CMF yet, what are the different choises of how to
>  > do it?
> "ZBabel", "Localizer"...

Actually... lalo (a complete and utter nutter) has gone and wrote a i18n for
ZPT!
and.. the best part is ... its working!  I've seen Plone screenshots i18n.
you
can find the source code in the CMFCollective CVS repository -
http://sf.net/projects/collective

The best part is that the message catalog for both 'AltZPT' and Zope2.7 will
be
interchangable (from what I understand.)  so Message Catalogs for both
products will work together. And we can start translating Plone immediately.
we *could* do this with CMF as well but they are lacking the i18n namespace.
I'm not quite sure how Tres and Co. want to proceed with i18n'ing CMF.  I'm
sure they will wait
until *at least* Zope2.7 ships with it.

by the way... what is the status w/ Zope2.7? or 2.6 for that matter? :)

~runyaga