[Zope-CMF] Please help!!!!: Restrict entering pages to Anonymous users

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:41:41 -0700

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 05:29:00PM -0300, mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar wrote:
> Ok, so How can I do to prevent an anonymous user to access to a page from a
> link?
>
> If I put it in private status nobody can access...
>
> How can I force the login page to appear for especial pages, accesible only
> for members?

Pretty basic Zope question... doesn't really have to do with CMF per se...
Go to the zope management interface. Go to the "Security" tab
for the objects in question.  Disable View permission for "Anonymous
User", disable acquisition for "View", and enable View permission
for Member.

Better: organize your objects in folders such that objects with
the same permission go in the same folder. Do the above for
the folder's security settings; then you can leave each object
in the folder alone, and it will acquire security settings from
the parent folder.

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"