[Zope-CMF] CMF for Classified Ad Site?

sean@horse101.com sean@horse101.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:27:33 -0700

I want to create a classified ad site with CMF.  There currently
is a classified ad product for Zope but most of the dtml and
everything is on the file system(Klassified).

I could use feedback on the overall concept in terms of implementation.
 It seems that with my relativly new intro to CMF and Zope this
may not require much (if any python scripting).

What I need:
Members who can create photo and non photo ads of different types.
For example,
Horse Ads: they have their own attibutes like color and size
Real Estate: Has its own attibutes like bedrooms and baths.

Is the best approach to create customized versions of the photo
portal type for photo ads and news type for text ads?  It probably
would be better for them all to be photo however because someone
may want to add one later and then it would require a new ad
for this.

How can one set the image size limits so the user uploads small
photos?

Is it possible to upload a photo for each member in the portal
member area (I don't see the image or binary type listed as an
option)?

How do I set the password to be remembered along with the user
name?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.