[Zope-CMF] Tracking discussion replies, catalog-based.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:32:06 +0200

Ausum Studio writes:
 > I'd like to perform a list of replies to an object, using portal_catalog.
 >
 > The "in_reply_to" index looked like the answer but it doesn't behave like
 > its name would suggest. Actually, using Zope 2.5.1 and CMF 1.3,
 > "in_reply_to" has a None value for all responses, not only first level ones.
I would forget the DiscussionTool and make my own one.

  The implementation is unnecessarily complex.
  I would use ObjectManagers as DiscussionItemContainers
  and use them recursively for nested comments.

Dieter