[Zope-CMF] Moving Items with Workflow

Ryan P. de Vega rpd4972@hbu.edu
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:25:39 -0500

>>Paul Wrote:
>> The Permissions tab on each State listed in the States tab of your
>workflow?
This only limits/allows portal users to view portal content.  The fact
still stands, with the portal in place, there is one object that is
submitted for approval , and that same object is the one that other users
can see.  By changing permissions on the state I can infact limit the
viewing of items pending approval, but that will only make portal content
pending approval non-existent to the public when those states are in
effect.  This is unacceptable when this is a public web-site.  Web-surfers
visiting my pages should never see a page missing or a page that has not
been approved.  This is why I am copying content into a new portal folder
when it is approved by the top approver.  That way, there is a nearly
seamless transition from the old web content to the newly approved web
content, not periods of absence.  Thank you for the suggestion though.  I
would be happy with this solution if it were for my personal web page, but
when my university's public image is involved, the permissions method
won't fly.  Trust me, I wish it were as easy as checking some permissions
boxes.  That would be nice.
Still looking for suggestions.

Sincerely,
Ryan de Vega