[Zope-CMF] importing 1500 documents

Smokejumper smokejumper@chello.nl
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:20:00 +0200

Hello, I am very new to Zope and CMF.

I have a site for a small magazine that i want to convert to zope/cmf. The
site contains about 1500 document roughly in 3 different types: articles,
author descriptions and book reviews. The site runs on iis 5.0 and the data
is stored in an msaccess database. Zope will run under Solaris.

I figured that the best way for me would be to generate the 1500 documents as
as many xml files (the site works currently with xml an xslt to display them,
so this would be easy for me). I would create 3 different content types
(article, author and bookreview) in CMF. And I would write a script that
"reads" the xml content into zope and creates the cmf objects.

Is this the most efficient approach ?
is there a specifice cmf-management interface to create cmf objects from
script ?

Thanks, Jaap