[Zope-CMF] cookies and CMF login

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:40:53 -0700

I am in a windows environment and I am currently running Zope for an
Intranet on a Windows box which I may port to Linux.  Right now, people join
the CMF but I want to use cookies so that they do not have to always login.
Once they have logged in, I would like them to be able to come back and
still be logged in a month from now.  I want to obviously remember the user
name and password and do not want them to have to log in to see the site as
that user.  I could use some sort of NT authentication, but I want to keep
independent security from what my IS dept sets.

I have never used cookies.  How do I do this with CMF 1.3 and Zope 2.5.1?
Has anyone done this?  If not, is there a how to that would help me figure
it out?

Sean Kelley
Technology Coordinator
City of Santa Rosa