[Zope-CMF] [Bug] TALES in Zope 2.5.x converts "ConflictError" into "TALESError"

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:32:47 +0100

I know, I cross post...
Please adjust the destinations as appropriate when you reply.

In Zope 2.5.x, "Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Context.evaluate" converts most
exceptions into "TALESError" exceptions.
This is probably not a good idea for many exceptions.
For "ConflictError" (and its subclass "ReadConflictError") it is definitely
a bug.

It prevents the usual automatic retry of the request and exposes an
exception not understandable to a normal user.

I think Shane has cleaned up the exception conversion for Zope 2.6.
Therefore, I do not file a bug report to the collector.

Dieter