[Zope-CMF] trigger on object deletion

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:29:49 -0800

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 05:35:29PM +0100, Sylvain Th?nault wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'ld like to automatically call script when an object of a given type is
> deleted. Is there an "out of the box" way to do that provided by Zope or
> the CMF ?

You mean, a type that already exists?
Not really.  This kind of thing is done by
overriding the class's manage_beforeDelete method
(most likely wrapping the old manage_beforeDelete).

For meta_types that come with Zope or somebody else's
products, you could either patch the product
or do a MonkeyPatch.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com