[Zope-CMF] private and pending items

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:51:32 +0100

Fearless Froggie writes:
 > I just set up a CMF portal with a couple of custom
 > types and noticed that private and pending items are
 > viewable if the user knows the URL for them. They are
 > also found by the search script. (Note -- these are
 > viewable by all users, even if not signed in.)
With the "CMF default workflow [Revision 2]", the
"private" state is no longer really private:

  So called "private" content can be seen and searched for
  by anyone.

You can go back to "Revision 1" to have really private content
(can be neither viewed nor search by anonymous users)
or you can restrict your search script to return only
"released" content to prevent occurrence of non-released
content in search results.

Dieter